Hamden Covered Bridge
Hamden, Delaware County
The historic Hamden Covered Bridge was built in 1859 by Robert Murray at a cost of $1,000. The bridge is a single span, one lane wide and is 128 feet long as it spans the West Branch of the Delaware River. The bridge functioned as a much-needed public crossing point of the river, a function that began for pedestrians, horses and wagons but continues today for automobile traffic. The historic bridge was restored in 2000 at a cost of $558,000. Restoration work included a new roof, bottom chord replacement and vertical post replacement. The Hamden Covered Bridge is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.